We will achieve our aims through our objectives of Education & Research, Propagation, Ri^aayah/Khidmah and working with our local and greater community.
Education and Research:
The Centre for Islamic Guidance wish to educate and prepare future high calibre morally ethical role models of the wider society with Islamic teachings; encouraging social participation and providing academic support and teaching and advocating a good work ethic.
We will achieve the above objective by providing:
• Quranic and Islamic Studies for all ages.
• General mainstream education- Study Support
• Languages- Arabic and Bengali.
By setting up and providing:
• ESOL classes
We also wish conduct research on contemporary issues; Fiqh issues and Islam to provide the best education, information and solutions.
This will promote social cohesion within the local community, community and citizen participation and harmony and inclusion and good relations between people of different faiths and no faith and with people in general within society as a whole.
• We will achieve this objective through the holding of lectures and seminars, prayer meetings, public celebration of religious festivals and interfaith collaboration work and initiatives.
• Providing accessible advice or information service to both Muslim and non-Muslim audiences and service users for when they may need the relevant information.
• To provide consultancy services and chaplaincy services to other charities; statutory and non-statutory bodies and government authorities.
Services for Holistic Welfare (Ri`aayah/Khidmah):
The Centre for Islamic Guidance will provide services for the holistic welfare of the local community:
• The centre will provide a hub in the community for other agencies to provide services.
• Community capacity building based on need of community and service users to deliver increasingly effective community sustainable investment.
• Set up partnerships with other organisations with similar aims and interests and statutory and governmental services such as social services etc.
The local community will benefit from the centre’s activities through:
• We aim to run regular programmes to allow and support social participation, networking and social interaction to prevent or minimise isolation and mental ill health.
• Activities will be to promote community involvement and harmony.
• Initiatives will be set up to promote women’s empowerment and youth empowerment and involvement; and older people’s participation.
• We aim to ensure the centre is used all the time and all services are open to everyone in the community.